Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Nightstand ate my brush!

Well, I had a very blonde moment yesterday that I just wanted to share. I was reading in bed just waiting for the Axis and Alies game that was going on in my kitchen to finish when I noticed that my bottom drawer of my nightstand wouldn't close all the way. It is the drawer in which I keep my underwear. I thought that a particle of clothing simply fell behind the drawer (between the drawer and the back of the nightstand) and that I could fish it out with my hair brush. Wrong! I dropped my brush back behind the drawer. (my ONLY hairbrush I might add). The back of the nightstand was pretty sturdy and I couldn't figure out how to get the drawer all the way out. So, I humbly walked into the kitchen and asked Andrew to come in there when he got a chance because "my brush was stuck in the nightstand." I got quite a few laughs and chuckles from the crew of boys playing a board game in the kitchen. Anyway, he couldn't get the drawer out either because of a stop. I ended up getting a screwdriver and taking off the entire back of the nightstand (I'm glad I did) to discover that my hairbrush was there as well as my favorite bra. I'm glad I took the time to do that. So, that was my funny adventure for the evening.

I will post again soon with another recent adventure with household items!

No comments: